View Full Version : Voice Acting Equipment

01-31-2012, 05:27 PM
This idea is nothing other sites don't already have but we can certainly try to make it more interactive.

We should have a section specifically for reviewing and recommending voice acting equipment. From hardware to software. It would be a place for beginners to find equipment when first starting out and for more seasoned actors to share experiences with their current tools.

- microphones
- pop filters
- stands
- sound proofing
- more ...

- recording
- editing
- sound effects/alterations/enhancements
- more ...

Product Page
Each product will have it's own page in this section with the following:
- Name
- Description
- Price Range (Free - $)
- Level of Use (Beginner .... Advanced)
- more ...

Product Page User Features/Interactions
Members will be able to do the following:
- Review/rate the product
- Tag if they have owned the product
- Tag if they are currently using the product

Member Profile - Equipment Section
- All equipment related info will be viewable in a subsection of a Member's Voice Acting Profile.
- See the products members own/use/have reviewed
- Upload photos are home studio set ups and write a description about them.

NOTE: All the product pages will be user generated.

These are my initial thoughts. I'm sure there's more user interaction that can be added. Please share your ideas and feedback.

02-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Just a thought, but what about studio setups? IE ones that con be rented out? Because I'm sure that sometimes it's cheaper to record in a rented studio than get some quality gear, and there might be some better (cheaper, better acoustics, better in-house equipment) than others

10-28-2013, 04:29 AM
This list of categories pretty much covers most everything for equipment. One addition that might be handy would be a RESOURCES category. Cover stuff like beginner books, videos and other educational material. Maybe even certain services out there if you want to go that far with it.