PDA

View Full Version : Voice Acting Equipment

Foxwolf
01-31-2012, 04:27 PM
This idea is nothing other sites don't already have but we can certainly try to make it more interactive.

We should have a section specifically for reviewing and recommending voice acting equipment. From hardware to software. It would be a place for beginners to find equipment when first starting out and for more seasoned actors to share experiences with their current tools.

Hardware
- microphones
- pop filters
- stands
- sound proofing
- more ...

Software
- recording
- editing
- sound effects/alterations/enhancements
- more ...

Product Page
Each product will have it's own page in this section with the following:
- Name
- Description
- Price Range (Free - $)
- Level of Use (Beginner .... Advanced)
- more ...

Product Page User Features/Interactions
Members will be able to do the following:
- Review/rate the product
- Tag if they have owned the product
- Tag if they are currently using the product

Member Profile - Equipment Section
- All equipment related info will be viewable in a subsection of a Member's Voice Acting Profile.
- See the products members own/use/have reviewed
- Upload photos are home studio set ups and write a description about them.

NOTE: All the product pages will be user generated.

These are my initial thoughts. I'm sure there's more user interaction that can be added. Please share your ideas and feedback.

TaZZerath
02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Just a thought, but what about studio setups? IE ones that con be rented out? Because I'm sure that sometimes it's cheaper to record in a rented studio than get some quality gear, and there might be some better (cheaper, better acoustics, better in-house equipment) than others

Hendercrazy
10-28-2013, 03:29 AM
This list of categories pretty much covers most everything for equipment. One addition that might be handy would be a RESOURCES category. Cover stuff like beginner books, videos and other educational material. Maybe even certain services out there if you want to go that far with it.