Birth Place: Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Date Of Birth: Feb 17, 1952
Voice Over Language: English
Trivia & Fun Facts:
- Fave Characters: Optimus Primal, Huckleberry Hound, Grounder (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog), Bugs Bunny, Megatron (Beast Wars), Silverbolt
- Fave Series: Beast Wars
- Fave VA: Daws Butler
- Stated that he and his fellow VAs did their work separately in Armada yet did it as a group in Beast Wars.
- Said that if he wasn't a VA he'd be an anthropologist or English teacher.
- While he didn't hate Armada, Beast Wars was a lot more fun to him & his fellow VAs.
- Says that he & Optimus Primal have plenty of things in common.
"Hmm... let me see. Well, there are several different types of enjoyment. I like the animation because it doesn't matter what you look like when you come into the studio in the morning, you don't have to memorize lines, and you get to have a laugh and relax the whole day. So that's fun, you get to do fun stuff. On camera, my biggest joy is mixing the technical with the artistic. It's like a contest, you sit there and you say "I can get these words to hit, right on that note," or "I can walk into this room and hit that mark," and know that everything is going to fit in just perfectly. I don't know, each one of them has their own special attraction. Like stage. Working on stage is wonderful, because you get an immediate response from the audience. You get to work things in a run."
(Himself and David Kaye on Beast Wars)
David : There's some fun characters in there to watch, like Alec Willows.
Gary : Yeah, his laugh is just great... he's Tarantulas and he was so funny. I remember Sue Blu said was "Find a jester, a heroic jester or a creepy jester. How does the character laugh? Give me the character's laugh and you'll have the character." You'd go around searching for a laugh for these characters and sure enough, you find one. I've watched Alec and I've watched Parker and Scotty do his Dinobot where he rasps for a laugh... it's quite fun to watch.
"I love Silverbolt, because he's so straight and so deadly earnest.
Executive board director of the Union of British Columbia Performers (UBCP)